楼主: 下天

[分享]Chicken Soup美文阅读

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-3 07:18:44 | 显示全部楼层
CS11
  写在前面:也许坚定的信念真的可以产生奇迹,即便前n个奇迹只是幻象……

Did The Earth Move For You?
Hanoch McCarty

Eleven-year-old Angela was stricken with a debilitating disease involving her nervous system. she was unable to walk and her movement was restricted in other ways as well. the doctors did not hold out much hope of her ever recovering from this illness. They predicted she'd spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair. They said that few, if any, were able to come back to normal after contracting this disease. the little girl was undaunted. There, lying in her hospital bed, she would vow to anyone who'd listen that she was definitely going to be walking again someday.

She was transferred to a specialized rehabilitation hospital in the San Francisco Bay area. Whatever therapies could be applied to her case were used. The therapists were charmed by her undefeatable spirit. They taught her about imaging - about seeing herself walking. If it would do nothing else, it would at least give her hope and something positive to do in the long waking hours in her bed. Angela would work as hard as possible in physical therapy, in whirlpools and in exercise sessions. But she worked just as hard lying there faithfully doing her imaging, visualizing herself moving, moving, moving!

One day, as she was staining with all her might to imagine her legs moving again, it seemed as though a miracle happened: The bed moved! It began to move around the room! She screamed out, "Look what I'm doing! Look! Look! I can do it! I moved, I moved!"

Of course, at this very moment everyone else in the hospital was screaming, too, and running for cover. People were screaming, equipment was falling and glass was breaking. You see, it was the recent San Francisco earthquake. But don't tell that to Angela. She's convinced that she did it. And now only a few years later, she's back in school. You see, anyone who can shake the earth between San Francisco and Oakland can conquer a piddling little disease, can't they?
发表于 2003-10-4 07:40:13 | 显示全部楼层
Earth won't Move for me...
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-20 07:56:45 | 显示全部楼层
非CS1  (chicken soup外的若干美文,大家分享)
  写在前面:During your times of suffering and when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you. 生活好像真的是这样哦~~      

Footprints
Margaret Fishback Powers

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. he noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that at the worst times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. How could you leave me when I needed you the most?"

The Lord replied " My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of suffering and when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-20 08:00:42 | 显示全部楼层
非CS2
  写在前面:生活偶尔也是这个样子的~~  

The Island Of Feelings
Author Unknown

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of others including Love. However, one day it was announced that the island would sink, so all prepared their boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to stay until it started sinking.

When Love was almost sinking, he decided to ask for help. Richness was passing by Love in a beautiful boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?"

Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is much gold and silver in my boat. There is no place in here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by, "Vanity, please help me!"

"I can't help you Love. You are all wet and will probably damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you."

"Oh Love, I am so sad that I prefer to go alone!"

Happiness passed by Love too, but she was so happy that she did not listen when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elderly. Love became very happy that he even forgot to ask the name of the elderly.

When they arrived to the other side, Love asked Knowledge who was the elderly.

"It was Time."

"Time? But why did Time help me?"

"Because only Time is capable of understanding such a great Love."
发表于 2003-11-8 02:00:18 | 显示全部楼层
we should stop sometime, just for love

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注-册-帐-号

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|数学建模网 ( 湘ICP备11011602号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 16:21 , Processed in 0.046841 second(s), 12 queries .