找回密码
 注-册-帐-号
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: yuemuping

新东方推荐的英语必背文章3[分享]

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-9-7 22:31:27 | 显示全部楼层
I gotta be off now. See you next time. Good luck.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-7 22:32:55 | 显示全部楼层
no, actually, i'm going through toefl now and doing nothing for gre....
how about ur preparation?
This is our hope. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. ^_^
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-7 22:34:26 | 显示全部楼层
c ya  good luck
how about communicating by msn or qq
my qq number 124557872
and msn: yuemuping@hotmail.com
发表于 2003-9-9 19:39:33 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用yuemuping在2003-9-7 14:32:55的发言:
This is our hope. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. ^_^

Exactly. Dr King's confident and touching voice seems to be still reverbrating by my side even up to now---"This is our hope. This is the faith which I go back to the South with. With this faith, we'll be able to hew out of a mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we'll be able to transform this jingoling discord of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood……" We are butterflies, hoping that the weak but persistent vibration of our little wings would cause something in a distance as time goes by. Perseverence may now be the unique weapon that we can ever fall back on to help us conquer those difficulties waiting for us ahead, and our dream may now be the light which proffers us courage for forging ahead by pointing out our directions and enlighting the dark roads. No one could tell what is going to be like in the future, and all we can do would be no more than holding fast to our dreams and carrying on our long, dark journey. My fate is in my own hands.

发表于 2003-9-11 03:28:19 | 显示全部楼层
Everybody chasing his or her dreams bears an ambition of standing out of his or her peers in the innermost recesses of their hearts. However, it is the action instead of thinking or talking that makes all the difference; a spate of people are making their fantastic and attractive daydreams of becoming a cynosure but doing nothing while a small proportion of those guys are really doing something to make their dreams come true. That is the reason why everybody wants success but a few people can finally get it. Making those painstaking and persistent effort pays us to realize our dreams, and, I believe, that is what you're doing and what I'm preoccupied with. Carry on. Wish good luck for both of us.

By the way, "don't be afaid to bite off more than you can chew"? Mmm, I honestly want to do so, but my stomach, my mouth, my pudding house, my liver, my lung……all my organs are protesting against that behavior. So I gotta give up that idea.[em01]

发表于 2003-9-11 03:47:41 | 显示全部楼层
By the way, what is meant by "occation" referred in the second paragraph of your replying message? I cannot quite catch your meaning. [em02]
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-11 07:02:31 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用windflowerwzx在2003-9-10 19:28:19的发言:
Everybody chasing his or her dreams bears an ambition of standing out of his or her peers in the innermost recesses of their hearts. However, it is the action instead of thinking or talking that makes all the difference; a spate of people are making their fantastic and attractive daydreams of becoming a cynosure but doing nothing while a small proportion of those guys are really doing something to make their dreams come true. That is the reason why everybody wants success but a few people can finally get it. Making those painstaking and persistent effort pays us to realize our dreams, and, I believe, that is what you're doing and what I'm preoccupied with. Carry on. Wish good luck for both of us.

By the way, "don't be afaid to bite off more than you can chew"? Mmm, I honestly want to do so, but my stomach, my mouth, my pudding house, my liver, my lung……all my organs are protesting against that behavior. So I gotta give up that idea.[em01]

thx,and best wishes! i am sure u know the meaning of that comparison, anyway, ur opinion is really funny and thought-provoking. but sometimes, not until u r overburdened can u realize how much ur potential is.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-9-11 07:04:43 | 显示全部楼层
and sorry, i made a mistake: the word "occation" is wrong and the it should have been "occasion".
发表于 2003-9-11 08:26:20 | 显示全部楼层
老大们啊 新东方的英语啊??怎么成了对话啦
寒寒寒!!!!

楼主| 发表于 2003-9-11 08:38:46 | 显示全部楼层
嘿嘿,这样也不错啊,反正是交流嘛^_^
wendy你明年不也要被easy test service的纪阿姨宰么?欢迎加入啊^_^
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注-册-帐-号

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|数学建模网 ( 湘ICP备11011602号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 15:46 , Processed in 0.048380 second(s), 12 queries .